If you have ever tried working with virtual assistants, you know that it is hit or miss.† You have to treat it just as carefully as hiring an actual employee.† You also have to cut the relationship if your gut tells you that things are not going to your liking and you have provided clear directions and expected outcomes.
Getting a Marketing Virtual Assistant – a VA that has been trained in Internet Marketing will increase your odds of success.† Here are 7 tips for better web results with a Virtual Assistant.† You will not like these, because they all involve more work for you.† But get over it and get your marketing plan done in advance of hiring your Internet Marketing Virtual Assistant.
- Hire 2 or 3 Virtual Marketing Assistants for small projects and test which one does the best job.
- Either write a detailed, step by step description of how to do the tasks you want done, or provide a video that serves as a† virtual assistant training video.† There is no arguing with clearly documented directions.
- Set specific deadlines.† For example, do not say you want the Virtual Assistant to write 5 unique blog posts in May.† Instead, state that each Friday the Virtual Assistant needs to mail you the link and keywords targeted for that particular blog post of the week – by noon your time.† Also include a summary of how the last weeks blog post is now ranked for the keywords targeted.
- Keep talking to your Virtual Assistant.† Do not set them loose and forget about them.† If you want to keep them you need to make them feel like an important part of the team.
- Do not believe Virtual Assistant resumes – Just like job applicants, people often exaggerate skills and likely outcomes.† If the Virtual Assistant does not live up to how they sold themselves, move on quickly.
- Expect to get what you pay for.† More than any other position, Virtual Assistants pay rates vary from a couple of dollars and hour to several hundred dollars an hour.† If you go for a cheap virtual assistant, be ready to do more training and management.
- Treat exceptional Virtual Assistants like gold.† Just like any profession, you have some people that are far and away better than average and if they are motivated, making you money and exceeding your expectations, show them you care.† Send them a gift certificate, a bonus, a card, flowers – and if you are sure you are not going to need them full time, send your exceptional virtual assistant referrals.