Blog Blazers is a new book by Stephane Grenier, although he wrote few of the actual words.
Instead, he went out and interviewed 40 top bloggers and assembled their interviews into a book.
If you are looking for the one secret that will take your blog to the next level, it might be in there, but it will not be crystal clear.
I find this book fascinating because of the diversity of the answers. One blogger will say adwords does not work, another says he makes $20,000 per month from Google Adwords. Some say the headline of a blog is important, while others stress the content.
Sure, there are some things they all seem to agree on – good writing is fairly obvious. But it is in the areas that these bloggers differ that I find more interesting. And it shows how diverse the topic is.
If you are thinking about blogging, you are blogging but no one is reading it or if you want to rethink your blogging strategy, you should pick this book up. No, it does not give you a clear blue print, but it is a feast of information to think about and find the pieces that apply to you.
Here is a list of the successful bloggers interviewed in Blog Blazers
- Aaron Wall – SEO Book
- Abdylas Tynyshov – AdesBlog.com
- Al Carlton – Coolest-Gadgets.com
- Alex Papadimoulis – The Daily WTF
- Andy Brice – Successful Software
- Anita Campbell – Small Business Trends
- Asha Dornfesh – Parent Hacks
- Ben Casnocha – My Startup Life
- Benjamin Yoskovitz – Instigator Blog
- Bob Walsh – 47 Hats
- Dan Lyons – The Secret Diaries of Steve Jobs
- Dane Carlson – Business Opportunities Weblog
- David Armano – Logic + Emotion
- David Seah – David Seah
- Derek Semmler – Derek Semmler
- Dharmesh Shaw – On Startups: A Community for Entrepreneurs
- Eric Sink – Erik.Weblog()
- Ian Landsman – UserScape
- James & Alex – Google SightSeeing
- J.D. Roth – Get Rich Slowly
- Jeff Atwood – Coding Horror
- Jeff Clavier – Jeff Clavier’s Software Only
- Jennette Fulda – Half of Me
- Jennifer Perry – 101 Reasons I Hate Being Fat
- Jessamyn West – Librarian.net
- Joel Cheesman – Cheezhead
- Jonathan Snook – Snook.ca
- Manolo Blahnik – Manolo’s Shoe Blog
- Neil Patel – Quick Sprout
- Pamela Slim – Escape from Cubicle Nation
- Patrick McKenzie – MicroISV on a Showstring
- Penelope Trunk – Brazen Careerist
- Ramit Sethi – I Will Teach You To Be Rich
- Rob Walling – Software By Rob
- Rohin Bhargava – Influential marketing Blog
- Seth Godin – Seth Godin
- Stephane Grenier – Follow Steph
- Steve Rubel – Micro Persuasion
- Trent Hamm – The Simple Dollar
- Yaro Starak – Entrepreneur’s Journey
You may want to bookmark this page and come back after you by the book, Blog Blazers, to check out each blog quickly after reading the interviews. Combining the interview and the blog visit is very insightful.